1.01.2011

Books I Read in 2010!

2010 was another great year of reading for me. I started keeping track of the number of books I read per year back in 2006. In 2007 I began setting a goal for myself of 50 books per year. I read exactly 50 books the first two years I did this and then last year I made it all the way up to 70 books. In 2010 I read 71 books, so I'm still improving! Here is my list.

1. Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
2. The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Nighttime by Mark Haddon
3. The Girl In the Lighthouse by Roxane Tepfer Sanford
4. On Beauty by Zadie Smith
5. Between the Tides by Patti Callahan Henry
6. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
7. The Pieces From Berlin by Michael Pye
8. Dear Diary by Lesley Arfin
9. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
10. Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
11. How To Be Good by Nick Hornby
12. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
13. Dogrun by Arthur Nersesian
14. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
15. One For the Money by Janet Evanovich
16. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
17. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
18. Wake by Lisa McMann
19. Fade by Lisa McMann
20. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
21. The Pact by Jodi Picoult
22. Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange
23. Saving the World by Julia Alvarez
24. Two For the Dough by Janet Evanovich
25. The Book of Illusions by Paul Auster
26. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
27. The Usual Rules by Joyce Maynard
28. Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
29. The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera
30. The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
31. Gone by Lisa McMann
32. Tipperary by Frank Delaney
33. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
34. The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
35. The Autograph Man by Zadie Smith
36. The Keep by Jennifer Egan
37. Three To Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
38. Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs
39. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
40. Blue Highways by William Least Heat Moon
41. Fishbowl by Sarah Mlynowski
42. The Thin Place by Kathryn Davis
43. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
44. Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner
45. Numb by Sean Ferrell
46. The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon
47. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
48. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
49. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
50. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
51. Evernight by Claudia Gray
52. Burned by Ellen Hopkins
53. No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July
54. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
55. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
56. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
57. The Line by Teri Hall
58. Going Bovine by Libba Bray
59. Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck
60. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
61. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
62. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
63. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
64. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
65. The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
66. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
67. Love Is A Mixtape by Rob Sheffield
68. Hate List by Jennifer Brown
69. Paper Towns by John Green
70. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
71. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

I've set myself a goal of 50 more books in 2011. I don't expect to have nearly as much time for reading now that I'm working at a new job. I'm also going to continue trying to read the books already on my shelves and get through some more classics.

What about you guys? How did you do in 2010 and what book related goals have you set for yourself in the new year?

2 comments:

  1. We read exactly the same number of books this year. Go us! Good luck with your reading goals this year!

    ReplyDelete