Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by those lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is the top ten books that made us cry. This one was actually pretty easy for me. I didn't realize how many tearjerkers I've read!
1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - such a sad, sad book and one of my all-time favorite's. The love story between Henry and Clare leads to a tragic end.
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I find myself crying when reading pretty much any book set during the Holocaust but this one seriously messed me up. I must have used a full box of tissues.
3. The Boy In the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne - another Holocaust book that is so tragic. Even though I knew how it was going to end after reading the book, I watched the movie alone and cried like a baby all over again.
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - Sirius Black :(
5. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks - does any Nicholas Sparks book have a happy ending?
6. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - some really heavy subject matter in this one that just twisted my heart in so many ways.
7. PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahern - so sad but kind of in a good way. Holli's late husband helps her move on.
8. Marley & Me by John Grogan - this book made me both want a dog so badly and not want an animal ever just because of how hard it is to lose them.
9. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson - one of the first books that ever made me cry. I used to have nightmares of my best friend dying.
10. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White - another book I read as a child that made me cry so hard.