It's been awhile since I've participated in Top Ten Tuesday. Actually, it's been awhile since I've posted much of anything. I sincerely apologize for the lack of content lately. It's not much of an excuse since so many of you other wonderful bloggers work full time, but work really sucks up most of my time these days. I'm trying to get back into blogging and reading more because I really do enjoy it. So, without further ado, here are my top ten favorite "awww" moments in books (in no particular order).
1. Bridge To Terabithia- when Jess and Leslie first create Terabithia. This was one of my favorite books as a kid and I was so happy that those 2 became friends.
2. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close- pretty much every time Oskar opened his mouth I found myself awwwwing. Such a precious little boy!
3. Romeo & Juliet- this one must be obvious! When the two die for one another I almost can't handle it. Especially in the movie version with Clare Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio. I would have died for Leo DiCaprio for most of my teenage years.
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows- the epilogue made me so happy. I won't spoil it for the few of you who haven't read HP yet but I was very pleased with how Rowling wrapped everything up.
5. The Time Traveler's Wife- the way Clair waits for Henry and the pain she goes through to be with him gets me everytime.
6. Love Is A Mixtape- the way Rob Sheffield writes about his late wife if so touching. He made me feel like I knew them as a couple because I could feel the love eminating off the pages.
7. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares- when the two of them are shut inside the closet at The Strand... ooh I would have loved to be stuck in a giant bookstore with a boy I was crushing on when I was a teenager.
8. Along For the Ride- I think this is my favorite Sarah Dessen book. Auden & Eli's nighttime adventures had my heart melting.
9. Gone- Cabel's willingness to stick by Janie when he finds out her fate is majorly aw worthy. He has to be one of the most upstanding characters in any book I've read thus far.
10. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour- after Roger realized he was into Amy, every moment they shared was adorable. I particularly loved the moments they were driving and listening to the mix cds. So simple yet I totally know how much lust was probably in the air at those moments.
This was actually very difficult! I guess that's the problem when I don't really read many sappy romance novels.