12.05.2010

In My Mailbox/ Weekly Reading Wrap-Up (7)

Job hunting is a frustrating process. Since beginning my search back in July, I feel like I've been riding a rollercoaster. This past week was the 3rd or 4th time that I thought I finally was going to be hired, only to be strung along a little further. I still may get this particular job, but it's not as in the bag as they made it seem. I've been trying to lose myself in my reading to de-stress myself (it's working, plus I'm getting so much reading done). This week I read and reviewed Alice I Have Been and The Jane Austen Book Club. I also finished reading The DUFF by Kody Keplinger, which I'll be reviewing tomorrow. I'm reading Love Is A Mixtape by Rob Sheffield now and loving it!

I also had a pretty good week in my mailbox. I discovered Net Galley and am super psyched to start reading and reviewing ARC's that way.

From Borders:

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

From Amazon:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (I left my copy at my parents house in Massachusetts)

For review from Net Galley:

Miss Entropia and the Atom Bomb by George Rabasa
The Raising by Laura Kasischke
Everything I Was by Corinne Demas
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
The Diviner's Tale by Bradford Morrow
Adios, Nirvana by Conrad Wesselhoeft
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

Thanks to HarperCollins, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Unbridled Books and Lerner Publishing Group! Also, thank you once again Kristi for hosting IMM.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, great books! I wish Please Ignore Vera Dietz was out here in Australia, but alas it isn't. I'll have to order it online sometime. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

    Your net-galleyed books are awesome, too. I loved Adios, Nirvan and I've got Everything I Was, and am reading that at the moment.

    Great mailbox! I'm a new follower.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome mailbox this week! Great books! If you haven't already, and if your interested, I'm giving away Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead right now. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete