11.19.2010

Book Blogger Hop!

Book Blogger Hop


Welcome to another week of the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books! This week's question/ topic is: "Since Thanksgiving is coming up next week, let's use this week's Hop to share what we are most thankful for and what our holiday traditions are!"
  
I'm thankful for my supportive family back east, my amazing boyfriend who has been so encouraging as I have begun to get frustrated with the job search, all of my friends, new and old, and the exciting new life I've been living these past few months in California.
In the past, my family would spend Thanksgiving at my aunt's house. We were always told to be there for a 1pm dinner, but we knew we weren't actually going to eat until about 4. The boys always watch the football game and I tend to curl up with a book somewhere in her house. This year will be the first year that I don't get to see my family for Thanksgiving, since my boyfriend and I moved across the country over the summer and it's just too expensive to fly home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are lucky enough to have been welcomed into a great group of friends out here (most of whom we went to college with). They all stay here for Thanksgiving as well, so this year, we are hosting the dinner for our friends. I can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower, just hopping in!

    Here's my link: By The Willow

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from the hop and enjoyed browsing your blog. I loved My Sister's Keeper also- but I haven't read anything else by Picoult. Have a great Thanksgiving maybe starting a new tradition.
    Susan from ReadingWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your newest follower! I live in California as well, but I can't wait to leave. Hopefully you enjoy this state :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, welcome to the wonderful world of Blogging. I live near Boston in Maine. If CS's resources were not completely stretched I would love the wine regions. Unfortunately, that it's so over populated.
    "Recklessly Reading" made me think, "DOes she read while on the highway, while standing on window ledges, while taking a bath and holding a plugged in toaster? Hope fully not.

    STop by sometime: Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    Twitter: @fangswandsfairy

    ReplyDelete