11.12.2010

Book Blogger Hop!

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme run by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books that lets us book bloggers interact and get to know one another in a fun way. This weeks question is:
"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"

My answer: Yes! The first book of a series always provides all of the back story and should set you up for the rest of the books. I hate missing out on little details or being lost because I didn't read a series in order. There are some series that don't necessarily have to be read in order or from the beginning but I just feel better doing so.

5 comments:

  1. I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
    doesn't run chronologically.

    That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
    Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

    On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
    Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
    upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping on by to say hello! Seems like a lot of us read series in order -- I think it makes storylines line up correctly and easier to follow. Really depends on the author, I guess, but I usually go in order. Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - I can't read books in a series out of order. I'm too afraid of missing something.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Hop! I completely agree about reading series books in order! I see you've recently read Evernight - I just received Afterlife and need to go back and read the first ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello fellow blogger! new follower to your page here. Just wanted to drop some *love* and say that you have a wonderful blog here! I'm new to blogging and would love if you could return the favor and follow my page! Happy Blogging!

    how many times do you think i used the word blog?

    pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete