9.14.2010

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish with the purpose of sharing top ten lists about different topics each week. This week, our lists are compiled of the top ten books we're dying to read. This was a fun one. It reminded me about all the books I want to read that are sitting on my bookshelves and the ones I need to get my hands on asap!

1. Love Is A Mixtape by Rob Sheffield- This one has been on my wishlist for quite some time now, but I still have not managed to buy myself a copy or pick one up at the library. I've heard so many gushing reviews, plus it's about music so right there it's got to be great.
2. Jessica Z by Shawn Klomparens- There seemed to be a Jessica Z. craze about two years ago that I missed out on. Everyone was reading it but I never did.
3. The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall- I saw this one in the bookstore so many years ago and wanted it so bad, but that was during my broke college years so I couldn't afford it. Since then, it's been a bit hard to find and when I do come across it at a bookstore, for some reason I always end up buying something different.
4. Paper Towns by John Green- I read Looking For Alaska 2 years ago and really dug Green's writing. I've heard a lot of buzz about Paper Towns and finally purchased a copy at Borders over the weekend. It will be knocked off this list very soon!
5. Great House by Nicole Krauss- I absolutely adored The History of Love and have heard equally wonderful things about Krauss' latest novel. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!
6. The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath by Sylvia Plath- I enjoy all things Sylvia Plath and am interested in reading more about her depression through her journals. I have this one on my shelf but have been waiting for the right mood to strike before I get started on it.
7. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski- the format of House of Leaves is what most interests me. I've had this one on my wishlist for years now but haven't splurged on a copy for myself yet. Perhaps this Halloween season...
8. Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck- After having just read East of Eden, plus my recent obsession with travelogues, I can't wait to read this one.
9. Then We Came To The End by Joshua Ferris- I've been wanting to read this one for so long and I received a copy for Christmas last year. I have no idea why it's still sitting in my TBR pile.
10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- I'm one of the few people who hasn't read any of the Hunger Games series. I want to change that soon!

In unrelated news, I've been completely swamped this week with applying for job and going to interviews. I had about a month's worth of a dry spell where I wasn't getting any calls after my first round of interviews but it's really picked back up this week. Hopefully by next week I'll receive a job offer and get back into a routine.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the unabridged journals of Sylvia Plath. I also read a great book about her marriage to Ted Hughes. I mention it at the end of my top ten post this week ... you should check it out if you're into Plath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a copy of The Raw Shark Texts in the bargain section of Barnes and Noble a few months ago.

    Good luck with your interviews! It's tough out there lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I've read on your list is Danielewski. It was definitely worth it, but reading the book was actually physical work.

    Good luck with the interview.

    ReplyDelete