8.10.2010

Hello, Internets

A brief introduction post for those of you who don't know what I'm all about. First of all, I don't know how I'll possibly keep up with one more website, but I'm going to give it a go. I'm not sure exactly what this will be about yet. I'd really like to crack down on reviewing the books I read and the new music I hear, mainly because I need to brush up on my writing skills. So, my friends over at The Broke and The Bookish have inspired me to create a place where I can do just that. I'm not new to blogging by any means. I've been on Livejournal since 2003, and unlike most people, I still do occasionally write there, although it's really only once every couple months or so now. I'm also an avid Tumblr user. Other than books and music, I'll probably throw in the occasional post about what's going on in my life.

So, about a month ago, I quit my job in Boston and drove across country to Los Angeles with my boyfriend, Tyler. We had a great trip with some fun sightseeing things along the way, made it to LA in 6 days, found the cutest apartment in 2 more, and were moved in after 4 days of being in the city. The next piece of the puzzle that I've been working on is finding myself the perfect job. The perfect job for me at this point would be something in the music industry, which is what I was working in over the last two years. I've mostly been looking at assistant or marketing positions at this point since I'm still considered pretty entry level. A lot of the jobs I've actually been interviewing for are in TV rather than music, but so far nothing has fallen into place on that front yet. Once I land a job, I've got to bust ass to find a car real quick. This past January, my car was stolen back in MA. As bad as it sucked, it was somewhat of a blessing in disguise. I got decent money for the car (although only half what I had paid 4 years prior), I grew accustomed to riding the T, which allowed me so much extra time to read during my commute to and from work each day, and I was able to save a lot of money. It also helped immensely only having one car to drive out here.
So here I am, living in paradise. We'll see where this life takes me.

1 comment:

  1. Found you via the hop! I'm impressed with your ability to quit your job, pick up and move to LA and find a place so quickly! Good luck with your job hunt

    ReplyDelete